Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dress Shopping

I must truly apologize in advance because... most of my posts from now on will be concerning the girly side, the  wedding details in which I am completely and at times unfortunately preoccupied :).  Recently I had one of the most significant pre wedding experiences as I went... dress shopping :).  Going from shop to shop trying on beautiful gown after beautiful gown I ... did not have the experience I was expecting.  Perhaps having unrealistic ideals because of countless episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, or the multiple times I had watched Father of the Bride as a young girl, I wasn't disappointed as much as I was overwhelmed.  The decision in front of me seemed daunting, so many choices, so many different fabrics, cuts and styles, ivory/white/off-white, different lengths in veils or no veil.  I was confused, I no longer knew what I wanted.  I luckily am able to relate this to life, to broaden the scope to all readers out there that don't give a hoot for my wedding worries :).  In this crazy life, we are overcome by decisions, small to large, they are there and we must choose.  We try to get advice from our friends and family, we try to make note of the positives and negatives, what we need/what we want/what we can afford.  We, at times, will become overwhelmed, we won't know what to do.  But it's in these situations where we can grow and become strong, it's in these decisions where we can turn to the Lord and get advice, following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I'm of course not saying that the Lord will help direct my wedding dress choice but... the Lord will help us in big decisions, He will help guide our lives if we let Him.  Anyways, to share, I didn't really find the "dress", but I will share some of the maybe options with you :).



No comments:

Post a Comment