Monday, April 9, 2012

Last Blog Post... for now

So, I don't know exactly what to do for an Evaluative Conclusion but I shall sum up my experience not only of this blog but of the class.  To describe Writing 150: hmmm, it was my very first class at BYU.  My first class on my first day.  I remember coming out the first day and texting my then boyfriend about how excited I was.  I had taken a semester off and was so grateful to be back in school, back to learning.   I didn't really know what to expect and perhaps at first I was a little intimidated, a little nervous.  I didn't know if the skills from high school would be helpful or harmful.  Anyways, I eventually got adjusted, I eventually got use to the people and I really started to enjoy it.  I liked what we did in class, the papers weren't too bad, and for a BYU class... it was super small.  It was a nice step up from my classes back home, to this class, to my 200 people anthropology and sociology classes.  So to the papers, although I'm not entirely sure what paper I like best... I feel that the rhetorical analysis was what I worked the hardest on and what I'm pretty good at, while the restaurant review was definitely the most fun, and then the research paper... I wanted to die, and then the personal narrative was just hard for me to think of what I wanted to say.  Okay, but to end this blog before I get swept up into talking about papers or something else....  I was really glad to have this blog because... a lot has happened, a lot that I will want to reflect back on and remember.  I got engaged this semester, I worked on planning my wedding, I had a ton of BYU experiences that I might not get to experience ever again.  Although I was a little forgetful and at times very far behind in my writing.  I appreciate what the blog is used for and I like the idea of having it.  I can't promise I'll continue but... I might.  I'm not going to make it my goal or anything but I think in general to just document our lives is a great thing.  Journal writing has always been tough but perhaps this will be a new way for me.  I'm really glad for this semester and just everything I've experienced.  And.. it's not over, I'll be here for Spring... YAY! :( just kidding.  I'm excited for the Spring term, hopefully it will be as great as Winter.  Wish me luck ! :)







1 comment:

  1. Chelsea,

    Good luck with the wedding! The Washington DC Temple is magnificent.
    Complete blog: 98/100.

    ReplyDelete